Community Baptist Church emerged from a small group of eight believers who met in a home to formalize a Bible Study and Prayer Fellowship in November of 1992. This group quickly grew and on August 29, 1993 they constituted as a church and affiliated with the Canadian National Baptist Convention. In October of 1995, Community Baptist Church started meeting in their newly constructed facilities at 162 Sherwood Road.
Since then, the church has been blessed with people from a variety of backgrounds joining our congregation. In addition, from our beginnings Community has been active in church planting and missions. Three “daughter” churches have been planted: Living Hope in Halifax County, NS; King’s Way Christian Fellowship (now Center Point Church) in Montague; and Providence Evangelical International Church – a bilingual Mandarin/English congregation – which worships in our building here in Charlottetown.
In missions, Community supports missionaries through the Canadian National Baptist Convention, the North American Mission Board, and the International Mission board as well as being involved in numerous local outreach and community support endeavours.
What We Believe...
- God is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine.
- The Bible is God's perfect guidebook for living.
- Jesus is God showing Himself to us.
- Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now.
- Creation did not happen by chance; God made it all.
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God.
- Faith is the only way to grow in our relationship with God.
- God has allowed evil to provide us with a choice.
- God can bring good even out of evil events, and God promises victory over evil to those who choose Him.
- Heaven and Hell are real places.
- Death is a beginning, not the end.
- The Church is to serve people like Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again.
For a more detailed statement about what we believe, click here.